youre asking the wrong questions. youre using nondominican context to define us and NOPE.
dominicans will say no to “black” but ive always been referred to in my country as morena or negra. both those terms to us equate to “person of darker skin and more afrodescendant features”.
im often described back home as morenita pelo malo. and no dominican will disagree. in our context that means afro haired woman of afro descent.
so stop. and stfu. we dont have to i.d. as anything comfy to you as outsider. we have our own context as per our language and history. you dont have to understand it. bye.
Y’all are black tho. But I’m sleep.in which you miss the entire point and come back to pretending not calling afrodescendency by the same name as you means “we dont know”. so yes, you are sleep as fuck. go play “black police” at your own house.
Apparently the only legitimate identity markers are those created by socio-cultural norms of the US.
"But y’all black tho, why ya hate being black"
Like…these idiots need to fucking read a fucking book. They don’t know shit about us and yet act like every person from the US by being shocked we have our own words and ways.
^^^^^^^^^^^ THANK YOU!!
There is no denying that there is a large issue with anti-blackness in the latinx community but tbh it is very ignorant to assume that everyone is living in the same culture when it comes to race. Even in non latinx Caribbean nations, people see African Americans as a different ethnic group of people so in latinx countries when you say ‘you’re black’ many people take it as you’re erasing them of their culture, and they’ll say ‘no I’m Cuban’ or whatever when they, within their latinx community, will identify as ‘negrx’ or of African decent. Many people do say they’re not black because of anti black sentiments, that’s completely true, but you have to understand that RACE WORKS DIFFERENTLY IN THE USA THAN IN LATINX AMERICA and many Latinxs are mixed and don’t know where they’re from or what their race is and it is an incredibly sensitive issue for a lot of people. I feel like many POC living in the US want to equate US racial standards to the rest of the world, and yes it relates, but it’s not the same.
How to parent. [via]
Louis C.K. is my favorite.
Why I want to be a parent.
1. Don’t try to piss quietly. Nobody in a public restroom thinks you’re knitting in your stall. They came to piss, just like you. And if you have to take a dump, do it. Get over your fear of public toilets. It’ll make life a lot easier.
2. Masturbate. Masturbate a lot. Talk about it with your friends. You’ve got the right to make yourself feel good and brag about it just like all the boys with extra large kleenex packages on their desks.
3. If you want the large fries, get the large fries. Hunger and appetite are nothing to be ashamed of, just human. Don’t ever feel guilty for eating in front of others. You need to nourish your body to stay alive. We all do.
4. Laugh as loud as you have to, no matter if you snort or gasp or literally scream.
5. Fart when you have to.
6. Always remember you weren’t born to visually please others. Forget the phrase “what if they think it’s ugly”. If you think it’s lovely, it is lovely. You wanna wear it, wear it!
7. Speak your mind! You can learn to do so without insulting others or shoving your opinion down other people’s throats.
Thought I should share this. Let this sink in for a minute. Luis was killed for no reason (i’m assuming he’s of another race), this is happening all over, not just in Ferguson. This makes my skin crawl.
Y’all not pressing charges becuz he technically died of a heart attack …. THAT THE POLICE MOST LIKELY CAUSED FOR BEATING HIM! Smdh
i’m not ready for school. i need more vacations
the studio k 14 ss hot summer lookbook
The amazing thing about the Toy Story trilogy is the fact that they waited 10 years to conclude the story, so that a story about nostalgia made you feel nostalgic towards the original content.
Michelle Rodriguez laying down truths
That third gif also sums up the reason why so many queer women in fiction get treated like shit and why we barely get acknowledged as existing at all
These pathetic excuses for writers have no idea how to write a woman who doesn’t want to fuck a man